Thursday, September 16, 2010

There Goes The Neighborhood!

So here is a story from back when i was in 7th grade. Basically, I went to a small Catholic School, where most of the kids were oblivious to what really happens in the world. So, sometime around the middle of the school year, the teacher tells us that we have a new kid coming to the school and will be in our class. I won't use his real name for his sake, I'll just call him Bob. So for the next couple of months, Bob becomes all of our friends. He was cool, funny, and pretty athletic. He seemed like a normal guy.
So, one day, during lunch, he says he's not really hungary, and gives his lunch to my other friend. This seemed weird, because he usually is always hungary. Then all of a sudden, out of no where, he pulls a pocket knife out of his pocket and starts cutting his wrists! As you can imagine, this is a lot to take in for us. So anyways, he asks us to not tell anyone. Out of panic, we agreed to this. After probably another week of this, I guess one kid had had enough and said something to the teacher (to this day, I still don't know who told the teacher about this). So, the teacher talked to him and he got some help. After he seemed to be "cured", he just left the school (weeeeiiirrd). And from then on, until the end of the school year, we had a school assembly probably every week or so about how we should discuss our problems with our teacher and not to cut ourselves. Each one was longer and more boring than the last. That kid really changed our school.

6 comments:

  1. Wow I had a similar situation exept a kid who went to my school decided to bring drugs to school. Some one told on him and he got expelled. He was a good kid too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had to go to a catholic school... it sounds like that poor kid gave you guys a glimpse of how reality can be disturbing and adults of course freaked out and didn't know how to handle the sitch..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a life changing experience. I would be in total shock if I went through that. Its unfortunate that you all had to go through that and see the not so good side of reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's terrible. It is so mysterious how kids can get that way in life at such a young age. If you when to a Catholic school wouldn't the surroundings been "peaceful" I guess..?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose told me to read this... That's really scary. It's shocking to think you saw taht right infront of you... I'm scared from just reading your experience but you saw it.... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is insane. I can't even imagine how freaked out I would be if I saw this. It probably would have been better to just tell the teachers right off the bat, but I understand why you all did not. Luckily, you go to Whitney now. I'm pretty sure everyone here is too smart to pull out a knife and start cutting themselves (in public that is...) They could get caught.

    ReplyDelete