Sunday, January 16, 2011

King still King?

I honestly think that most people in this country to appreciate what Matin Luther King Jr. did for the American people as much as when he first gave the speech. I think that his birthday is just another excuse to have the day off from work and school. I think that's pretty sad. What would happen if he had never given that speech or went against the government? What would happen if he just became another abused African American citizen?
I think people should do something to honor him on his day, even if its just like a small thank you to him in prayer or something. But sadly, many of us don't do that. Many of us don't even think about him on that day.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Carl. I doubt people even think about him that day. They only know there was no school because it is his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we take what MLK did for granted, and that is the day when we need to be especially grateful for it. I hope more people will see it like that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree most of the children just take the day for granted because they have no school on that day. Probably most of the children don't even know what he was trying to do.

    ReplyDelete